Work for Us!
PRIDE FUNDRAISING TEAM MEMBER
About The Change Project
The Change Project is a national LGBTQ arts and advocacy organization that elevates the voices of LGBTQ people through supporting queer communities in under-resourced areas of the US. Our signature program is to help change the world by producing t-shirts & apparel. The driving force behind our t-shirt production is to employ LGBTQ artists, organizers, and activists to support them and their work. We also utilize this platform to fundraise for other world changing organizations that meet the criteria of our passion on how to change the world. What’s so special about The Change Project? We make some of the most creative & fashion forward t-shirts on the market. We are a young non-profit composed of smart, driven teammates committed to constantly improving our work. We seek to maintain and grow a strong team that prioritizes the needs of our donors and the people we serve in a personable and efficient way.
- Having a great personality and a passion for what The Change Project does
- Fundraising at Pride Festivals or similar LGBTQ Events with merchandise from shopprogress.org
- Maintaining our brand at events/festivals
- Knowing exactly how our products fit
- Maintaining and handling the inventory on location at events
- Being the lead on recruiting volunteers to assist you during the event.
- Helping set-up and tear down the booth space
- Transporting inventory to and from the event location
- Maintaining a clean booth space
- Telling the story of The Change Project
Skills & Qualifications
- Committed to excellent customer experience
- Energetic, kind, sincere, patient, and adaptable
- Self-directed and hard-working
- A hard worker with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Smart and organized
- Eager to learn every single day
- Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to multitask
- Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel
- Assertive & Flexible: the ability to overcome obstacles in things like last minute changes and thinking outside of the box to deliver a solution
- Ability to maintain calm under pressure or hectic circumstances
- Ability to lift, bend, turn, and stand for 8 hours at a time
- Cash handling abilities
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties for this position, and you may have other duties as assigned.
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation, you may be asked to travel more than 300 miles at one time.
Compensation: Sliding scale based on total money raised during the event. The Change Project values fair compensation, and will discuss details during the interview phase. Gas reimbursement, and meals on festival days are covered by The Change Project. Exact parameters to be discussed upon job offer.
Location: This position can be filled remotely by anyone who is selected. The Change Project is based out of Nashville, Tennessee, but will accept applications across the US.
Position: This position will only work weekends for the pride festival or LGBTQ events near the applicant. The Change Project Management Team will assign at least two weekends in June to you, and based on June performance, you may be asked to continue with us in the Fall in the same capacity.
Timing: Applications due April 10, 2019. There will be a mandatory training call in late-April, and a follow-up training call in mid-May.
Next Steps: We want the Pride Team to leave their mark, to raise the funds so that The Change Project can improve people’s lives in a meaningful way. If this is something you excel at, we would love to hear from you! E-mail email@example.com a 1-page PDF document discussing what you know about The Change Project’s mission and/or work, and how your skills make you a great fundraiser, as well as a resume.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to every submission, however if you are selected to move forward, you will be contacted for a phone interview. Thank you for taking the time to apply!!